GODOX TT685-C TTL FLASH for Canon
Godox have released the TT685speedlite a fully featured TTL and HSS enabled flash unit with 2.4GHz radio receiver built inside.
The TT685C are the first component of Godox’s long awaited 2.4GHz TTL radio flash system. Also now accompanied by the X1 TTL triggers.
As well as a fully featured on-camera ETTL flash, the TT685 will act as an ETTL and HSS enabled Radio Master and Slave flash.
As well as Radio Slave flash to the new X1 TTL transmitter unit (mounted on the camera).
The TT685 are also backward compatible with Godox’s Remote Manual FTR-16s receiver units, currently also used with the Ving V850 and V860 flashes. Godox FT-16 and Cells II acting as transmitter units.
GODOX TT685C FEATURES
- GN 60 (m ISO 100)
- Powered by 4 x AA batteries
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Flash Mode – ETTL /M / Multi
- 1st Curtain Sync / 2nd Curtain Sync
- FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 stops)
- Manual Flash – 1/128 – 1/1 output control (1/3rd increments)
- Flash Zoom 20 – 200mm
- Radio Master and Slave Modes for the Godox 2.4GHz TTL Radio System
- Compatible with Godox X1 TTL Transmitter and Receivers
- S1 and S2 Optic Slave Modes
- Compatible with Godox FTR-16s Radio Receivers
- Compatible with Godox FT-16 and Cells IIc Transmitters
- Full 360 Degree Swivel, and Tilt Head
- Large LCD Screen
- AF Assist Light
- Metal Foot with Locking Pin
- USB Port for Firmware Updates
- 3.5mm Sync Port
- External High Voltage Battery Port
Although resembling the recent Godox V850 and V860 speedlites, the TT685 feature a larger Dot Matrix LCD display with on screen menu options. As well as fully back-lit function buttons, including extra Link and Mode buttons.
More significantly though, instead of Lithium-ion power, Godox have chosen to start with a more traditional 4 x AA battery powered unit. With the option of connecting an external High Voltage Battery Pack for faster recycle times etc.
The TT685 provide a 3.5mm Sync Port, and USB Port for firmware updates.
As well as a 4 pin communication port backward compatible with Godox’s existing 433MHz clip on FTR-16s Remote Manual radio receivers, also used with the current V850 and V860 speedlites.
The Godox FT-16 and Cells IIc can be used as transmitter units to the FTR-16s receivers.
The Remote Manual FT-16 radio system is also used with the current popular AD360 and AD180 Witstro bare bulb flash units, and many of Godox’s current portable and studio lights. So the new TT685 should also combine with those nicely.
A High Voltage External Battery Port is provided at the front of the flash, for connecting external battery packs like Godox’s popular PB960, or other Canon compatible packs.
Of most significance though, the TT685 also have their own 2.4GHz radio transceiver unit built inside, providing full ETTL and HSS enabled Radio Master and Slave modes. With a stated range of up to approximately 100 meters.
The Godox X1 TTL transceivers can also be used as a Master / Transmitter unit mounted on the camera to control the TT685’s off camera.
The X1 receivers will allow other third party ETTL compatible flashes, to be combined in the system as ETTL / HSS enables Slave flashes.
The X1 TTL provide a camera shutter release function, and will fire studio lights as well.
GODOX TT685 SPECS
- Brand Godox
- Model TT685
- color Black
- Max. Recycle Time 2.6 seconds at full power
- Guide Number(m ISO 100) 60M
- Color Temperature 5600K±200K
- Wireless flash function Master,Slave,S1,S2
- Battery AA*4
- Power input support
- Multi Mode Frequency 1 to 199Hz and Times 2 to 100
- Flash Duration 1/300 to 1/20000 second
- Flash Coverage Manual zoom from 20 to 200mm
- Controllable slave groups 3 (A, B, and C)
- Size 64 *76*190 mm
- Weight 410g