Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony E Mount
The telephoto lens for a new era
Thanks to a speed of 1:1.8, very low depths of field can be used creatively. The optical image stabilization allows for successful hand-held shooting even in poor light conditions. With a focal length of 85 mm, the lens is the perfect companion for portrait, event, and wedding photography.
The ZEISS Batis autofocus lenses were developed especially for mirrorless full-frame system cameras by Sony. The lenses are fully compatible with all E-mount cameras and offer protection against dust and splashing water in addition to fast and easy autofocus. For creative work, the distance and depth of field can be read from the innovative OLED display. With the completely new lens design, the high-speed ZEISS Batis family offers perfect imaging performance.
- An ideal portrait-length lens, this short telephoto has been designed specifically for full-frame E-mount mirrorless digital cameras. It can also be used on APS-C-sized E-mount cameras where it will provide a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also offers extensive control over depth of field for selective focus applications.
- Sonnar optical concept incorporates 11 glass elements within 8 groups and also employs a floating elements design to reduce aberrations and distortions throughout the focusing range.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- Integrated OLED display on the top of the lens shows the distance of the focal plane from the camera as well as the depth of field range for quickly recognizing the parameters of focus in use, even when working in low-light conditions.
- Optical image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
- Linear motors benefit the autofocus performance of the lens and provide smooth, fast, and quiet operation. For manual focusing, a rubberized ring offers greater tactile control for precise placement of focus.
- Dust and weather-sealed construction benefits using the lens in inclement shooting conditions.
- Focal length 85 mm
- Aperture range f/1.8 – f/22
- Focusing range 0,80 m (2.6 ft) – ∞
- Number of elements/groups 11/8
- Angular field, diag./horiz./vert. 29° / 24° / 16°
- Coverage at close range 189 x 283 mm (7.4 x 11.1″)
- Filter thread M67 x 0,75
- Dimensions (with caps) 105 mm (4.1″)
- Diameter of focusing ring 78 mm (3.1″)
- Weight 452g (1.0 lbs)
- Camera mounts E-Mount