Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD (Nikon)
Complementing the imaging capabilities, this 45mm f/1.8 lens is also characterized by a ring-type USD motor, which provides quick, quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus capabilities. An inner focusing design and Floating System are also used, and aid in achieving a minimum focusing distance of 11.4" with a maximum magnification of 1:3.4. The lens' construction is also notable in its inclusion of various seals to protect against moisture, as well as a fluorine-coated front element to guard against fingerprints, smudging, and water.
- A normal-length prime, this 45mm lens is designed for FX format Nikon F mount DSLRs, and is also compatible with DX models where it will provide a 67.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also avails selective focus control.
- One LD (Low Dispersion) element helps to minimize chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity with reduced color fringing.
- Two aspherical elements correct for spherical and comatic aberrations, as well as distortion, for consistent edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination throughout the aperture range, as well as a reduction of sagittal comatic flare.
- eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) and BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coatings have been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
- VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization is incorporated into the lens' design to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting in low-light conditions.
- Ring-type USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) motor is employed for fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance that benefits both stills and video recording. This motor also enables full-time manual focus control without having to shift into a dedicated MF mode.
- A Floating System is employed that moves a single group of elements to control focus in order to provide faster AF response as well as a minimum focusing distance of 11.4" and maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.4 for enhanced close-up shooting.
- Moisture-resistant construction incorporates seals around the lens mount and other areas to benefit working in inclement conditions. Additionally, a fluorine coating has been applied to the front lens element to repel water, fingerprints, and smudges for easier cleaning of the lens surface.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm produces a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
- SILKYPIX Developer Studio 4.0 for Tamron software is included with the lens